Friday, March 1, 2013

Kalilangan 2013 Closing Ceremonies

Kalilangan 2013 ended on February 27 with a bang. I usually don't go out to witness the events, but I wanted to see a bit of the street dancing competition, which was the main event of the closing ceremonies. The final competition started around 4pm, and I arrived at the Freedom Park (Oval Plaza) roughly around that time. It was blistering hot!

I was able to capture some snaps. Of course, I leave the best photos for the pros. Onlookers like me had little chance of getting decent shots, but I managed to take more than a few.

The program started with a prayer offered by one of our native T'boli brothers. Then his prayer was followed by an Islam prayer and a Christian prayer.



This band also performed for the audience. 




ABS-CBN Local News Team interviews Dr. Mary Lynn Abiera, the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs of Mindanao State University (Gensan), regarding the whole festivity.



Meanwhile, Professor Laroco reads the criteria for judging the street dancing competition. 



These photographers have the best spot. Onlookers had to struggle to get a shot outside the VIP area.



I only stayed long enough to see the first two performers. This group is the first performer. 



These performers had to endure the sweltering heat for their performance. 



The following are snapshots of the second group of street dancers. 







Mayor Darlene Antonino-Custodio delivered a message to the audience and expressed her gratitude to everyone who were part of the entire Kalilangan 2013 celebration. 





Next time, I'll bring a chair and an umbrella. 











No comments:

Post a Comment