Sunday, March 17, 2013

Night Sky Views from Gensan

The good thing about Gensan is its geographical location. It's 6 degrees north of the equator, so it gets good views of much of the heavens. The major constellations also pass overhead. Recently, I've had an obsession with the night skies. With the continuing power outages, which sometimes happen at night, there's nothing much to do except go out and take pictures--in my case. Clear skies at night give me the opportunity to take snapshots of the stars. Here are some of the pictures I have taken so far.

Photo taken on November 16, 2012 at 10:22PM 

Two brightest stars in the night sky, Sirius and Canopus 

Can you identify the objects in this photo?

The dog chases the hunter.

The bright object is Jupiter, and below it is the Pleiades star cluster, also known as the Seven Sisters.

In the next post, I shall include these photos again but with names and sketches of the constellations.




No comments:

Post a Comment