Sunday, March 3, 2013

The Seven Sisters, the Giant, the Bull, the Hunter, and the Dog

Recently, I have become a bit fond of stargazing. Whenever I have the chance, I would take my camera outdoors, mount it on a cheap tripod, and point it towards the heavens. My photographs of the heavens can't compare with the photos of seasoned astrophotographers, but I take my shots for fun.

It's difficult to catch nice starry skies because I live in the city and there's too much light here. Tonight, we experienced an outage, which turned off the lights nearby, allowing me to capture the stars above. Take a look at the Pleiades (Seven Sisters), Jupiter, constellation Taurus (the Bull), Aldebaran, Orion the Hunter, and Canis Major with the Dog Star, Sirius.

The Pleiades, Jupiter, Taurus, Orion, and Sirius


Orion and Canis Major

Pleiades, Jupiter, Taurus, and Orion

No comments:

Post a Comment