Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Recording Covers to Kill Burnout

I was a karaoke buff before I started snapshooting. I still am. Whenever I get fed up with my writing job, I take a break and sing a song or two. I record songs using cheap headphones that produce a lot of hiss, and sometimes I just sing into the tiny laptop mic. I have a few friends on Facebook who do the same. I don't sing perfectly, and I envy people with smooth, clean voices. But that won't stop me from singing. I might join a singing competition one of these days even though I feel I'm too old for such things. Anyway, I'm not sure if you'd be delighted, but I'm sharing a few of my covers apart from the Whitney Houston covers I posted two weeks ago.

Make It Happen is one of my favorite Mariah songs. I sang this one an octave lower, so some of the notes go too low, but I enjoyed singing this one.
Make It Happen

I was singing Don't Speak but somehow got a little too bored. Don't get me wrong, because that song is one of my favorites. Anyway, I moved on to click another old rock song. I recorded this right through the laptop mic. Background noise galore!
Don't Speak/What's Up

Kenny Loggins' Forever is a song too tough for my voice. Glad I didn't crack.
Forever

I love the rhythm and vibe of this song, a 90s hit that's now a pop classic.
This Kiss

I only know a few Donna Summer songs. I sang this one after learning of her passing. Last Dance is my favorite karaoke piece even before she passed away.
Last Dance

Love Will Lead You Back is for hopeless romantics I guess. I'm not one, but this song just sounds so melodically beautiful that I can't let an opportunity to sing it pass.


No comments:

Post a Comment